To be eligible for financial aid consideration, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or provide documentation of permanent resident or refugee status.
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree at the University. Full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 credits per term. Half-time enrollment is a minimum of 6 credits per term.
- Be registered with the Selective Service, if eligible.
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal education loan.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress toward your degree and be in good academic standing if you are a continuing student.
- If you are an endowed scholarship recipient, you must maintain a specified cumulative grade point average, generally a 2.85 minimum.
Most University scholarship and grant programs require that you enroll as a full-time student (12 credits or more) each semester to be eligible. Students eligible for a Federal Pell Grant may receive limited Federal Pell Grant assistance for less than half-time study.
International, non-degree seeking or visiting students are not eligible for financial aid.