About the Computer Center
The Pitt-Titusville Computer Center is located in the basement of Haskell Memorial Library. The Computer Center staff provides technical support to students, faculty, and staff. Our help desk can provide answers to many questions regarding email, software, and student services.
Suggested Computer Configurations
- Intel Core i5 processor
- Made by a major manufacturer is recommended, for example Dell, HP, or Lenovo
- Should have a warranty (at least 1 year - recommend 3 year)
- 3 yrs Accidental damage warranty for notebook or tablet computers
- 500 GB or larger hard disk drive
- 8 GB RAM
- Recommended: CD-RW/DVD combo drive
- Windows 8 or Windows 10
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet Adapter - (students in residence halls)
- Wireless network adapter 802.11 b/g/n - (laptop/tablet)
Students, faculty, and staff can access Wireless PittNet in all buildings and outside areas on lower campus. Students, faculty, and staff that wish to connect to Wireless PittNet will need to know their University user name and password.
If you have trouble connecting to Wireless PittNet, please contact the Pitt-Titusville Help Desk at (814) 827-4516 or visit the computer center in the basement of Haskell Memorial Library for assistance.
Software is available through My Pitt in the Software Download section. Some of the available software includes:
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Windows 7 Ultimate - Upgrade (32 and 64 bits)
- Windows 8 Pro (32 and 64 bits)
- Windows 10 (32 and 64 bits)
- Microsoft Office Mac 2016
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Antivirus)
Computing in the Residence Halls
- Each residence hall room is wired with 2 ports per room.
- Access to the Pitt Network (includes Email, the Internet, and PittCat) directly from the rooms using an Ethernet connection.
- No networked printers are available from the residence halls. If you wish to be able to print in your room, please bring your own printer.
- Routers are not allowed in the resident halls.
Virus software is a MUST in Residence Halls. Keep your virus definitions up to date to protect yourself. This software is important in the prevention of viruses spreading over the internet and onto your computer. You may obtain a free copy of anti-virus software is available through My Pitt in the Software Download section.